The Angeli Law Group has considerable experience defending corporations and individuals in grand jury investigations and prosecutions of alleged environmental offenses, including Clean Air and Clean Water Act violations, environmental testing irregularities, permit violations, and toxic dumping.
- Represented a multinational manufacturing company in connection with a joint federal/multi-state investigation into allegations of air pollution. After lengthy discussions and negotiations with state and federal officials, no criminal charges were leveled.
- Represented an individual and his company in one of the flagship felony prosecutions in the Oregon Attorney General’s aggressive regime of environmental criminal enforcement. After extensive litigation, including a five-day evidentiary hearing over the admissibility of the State’s scientific evidence, the State eventually dropped all 36 felony charges in exchange for a misdemeanor plea involving no jail time.
- Represented a large manufacturer of metal products in joint federal/state investigations into numerous allegations of air pollution, water pollution, and illegal generation and storage of hazardous waste. Those matters were successfully resolved with no criminal prosecutions.
- Represented a senior project manager in connection with the purported failure to design and implement adequate stormwater protection measures on a major public works project. Based on our submissions and factual presentations to federal prosecutors, no charges were brought against our client.
- Represented a plant manager in connection with a federal investigation into alleged toxic air emissions at a large manufacturing facility. No charges were brought against our client.
- Represented numerous clients in cases involving the alleged dumping of toxic materials at sea and the associated falsification of shipboard books and records.