The Angeli Law Group regularly represents individuals and corporations in criminal matters and regulatory enforcement actions (e.g., matters brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, and other agencies) involving securities fraud, insider trading, and other corporate compliance matters. The firm has extensive experience in matters relating to purportedly fraudulent statements on corporate financial statements and alleged misstatements to the investment community.
- Represented a former Enron executive in criminal and civil litigation alleging conspiracy, securities fraud, wire fraud, insider trading, and money laundering. After a three-month federal criminal trial, the client was not convicted on any of the 27 counts with which he was charged.
- Represented a publicly-traded software company in connection with a criminal investigation and SEC enforcement action involving allegedly fraudulent accounting practices. The company and its management avoided criminal prosecution and the SEC matter was resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
- Representing a Fortune 300 company in connection with an SEC investigation into the company’s accounting practices.
- Represented an individual in a criminal matter and SEC enforcement action relating to several million dollars worth of alleged insider trading. The matters were resolved with no jail time.
- Represented an individual in connection with an SEC enforcement action alleging the fraudulent offer and sale of securities in a mining company. Matter was resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
- Represented numerous individuals in connection with FINRA investigations and proceedings.