The Angeli Law Group represents individuals and corporations in high-stakes, “bet the company”-style litigation in the federal and state courts. In addition to its work representing stand-alone parties, many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious law firms turn to the Angeli Law Group as co-counsel (or as counsel for related parties) for our combination of local expertise and nationwide experience.
The Angeli Law Group ’s approach to commercial litigation is grounded in our belief that the quality of the work done in the opening stages of a lawsuit often drives the final results. This approach maximizes the chances of an early disposition – by means of a favorable settlement or by winning a dispositive pre-trial motion – and ensures that if trial proves necessary, the correct strategic and tactical decisions are in place to maximize the chances of a positive outcome.
- Represented a major financial institution suing another financial institution in a Delaware case arising out of a sale of a consumer credit card company. Won summary judgment in an amount in excess of $90 million and a verdict after a multi-week trial for an additional amount exceeding $25 million.
- Represented an international consulting firm in litigation involving Oregon’s failed implementation of its healthcare exchange pursuant to the Affordable Care Act. The case was resolved with no liability on the client’s part.
- Defending a Fortune 300 manufacturing company in a class action seeking damages and other relief from alleged air pollution.
- Representing a publicly traded company in a lawsuit alleging that another firm illegally hacked into the client’s computer system.
- Represented corporate defendant in U.S. District Court in connection with claims of false advertising under the Lanham Act, trade libel, commercial disparagement, civil conspiracy, and intentional interference with prospective economic relations. After more than two years of litigation, we prevailed at summary judgment on all claims.
- Represented the owner and founder of a major chain of hotels in the Western U.S. in a lawsuit against the State of Oregon alleging that the State had maliciously prosecuted him on baseless criminal charges in retaliation for his political activities. After months of contested litigation, we won a substantial monetary award for the client.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict after a two-week jury trial in a multi-plaintiff age discrimination case.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for landowners in eastern Oregon resulting from unfair debt collection practices.
- Obtained permanent injunction and damages against a former sales agent of a medical device manufacturer in a theft of trade secrets case.
- Represented a founder of an online poker site in connection with a joint civil/ criminal investigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of lender and loan servicer against novel claims for wrongful commercial foreclosure and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in high-profile litigation involving development association’s right to maintain historically private status of community’s artificial lakes.